Friday 31 August 2007

Wishlist of Adventures

There will be limits to the number and types of adventures I will be having. One concern is my lack of income. One of my adventure-goals is to pay off all debts. I will definitely be working in this time. And most likely remaining in my current location for at least the next 6 months. My adventures will need to be close to home or for shortish periods of time. However, my work can be flexible (once it is more firmly established or with the right connections). Going away for a month, even two or three is not impossible if I can work along the way or have the means to do so. I don't have kids or a mortgage so with a few relatively small increases in income I have a lot of liberties.

I will not be taking part in anything illegal. This rule may be bent if it involves activism or something unjust or a really really good reason. I won't be experimenting with drugs or prostitution or crime.

I will consider other people's suggestions of adventures to try. I'll choose ones that sound interesting or achievable and that I have the time and money to do.

This list is not comprehensive. I'll update it throughout the year.


Adventures to be had

Regularly do little things that are scary me (so that I can move on)
Be debt-free
Move to a new house (my dream is to actually own my own home)
Grow and expand my business (I've kept it going, it's a start)
Eat vegetables that I have grown (do herbs count?)
Do some work for charity
Run in the next City to Surf
Learn a song on guitar
Learn 10 songs on guitar
Spend at least a week holidaying someplace warm where I can laze on the beach, fish, walk, read and relax
Go skiing (I haven't been in 14 years)
Do a two-day bushwalk that involves camping overnight
A trip to the Hunter Valley (a girls trip?)
Spend a week WWOOFing (on the way)
Workshops and further education
A 3 month trial of vegetarianism (I have been vegetarian in the past)
A trial of daily meditation (update - I'm doing about 2-3 days a week now which is an improvement!)


Things I want to have

One or two sets of decent business clothing
Some new clothes - jeans, pants, shirts, bras etc.
Furniture to go with my house
Household objects and appliances such as cutlery, saucepans DVD/VCR player
A laptop (I'm using an ancient Pentium II)

No comments: