Tuesday 28 August 2007

The mission

I started to wonder how it would be to find meaning, a purpose, a home, income, to have adventures. I was a person who liked to try things before deciding. Perhaps I could actually make it a goal to try different things. Perhaps I could find some answers or at least things I could live with. Perhaps I could give myself a timeframe. A year sounded like a good amount of time; it's not too long but a lot can be achieved. A year is measurable. I could have bucketloads of adventures in that time. Yes, an experiment. A yearlong adventure. None of my adventures need be permanent, I could simply give things a go. A year is safe. A year is made for miracles. At the end of the yearlong adventures I would put my learnings together into a book or report. I would also keep a regular blog of my adventures over the next year.

I wrote my idea down on scraps of paper (yes, I carried them with me on my walk in case I had any realisations).

That very same day (yesterday, in fact) I started the blog.

No comments: